Saturday, February 19, 2011

Feruary 18, 2011

Replaced the left taillight bulb. First I had to use the dremel tool with a wire brush attachment to scratch away the corrode and rust in the socket. Then I sprayed it with contact cleaner and dried it with a paper towel. Then I put in the new bulb and it worked fine. Then I noticed my right taillight socket wasn't locked into the body. Then I put it in and it didn't work anymore. So, I dremeled and cleaned that socket, too. And it still didn't work. Then I realized the bulb had separated into two pieces. So, I will be getting a new bulb for the right taillight, also. On a side note: it snowed and the paint on the rust spot on my hood got penetrated by water, and some of the rust converter got wet and ran off. So, I will be repainting it. This problem shouldn't happen again because my Z is now in our shop away from the elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment